This course contains 11 top quality videos to help you achieve your goal. This one-week course guides learners through the essential steps in planning a customized weight loss program and provides learners with the framework and essential components of an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults without chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease or lung disease. Also, this course does not provide information for people with food allergies or intolerances.
Losing and maintaining weight requires planning and goal setting. Crash diets and fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a safe and effective weight loss program to lose 1-2 pounds per week. This course helps learners establish:
- A realistic weight goal with a specific plan for weight loss and a time frame to reach it.
- Realistic goals for frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that enable learners to reach and maintain their target weight.
- A set of specific strategies for grocery shopping, eating out, eating at social events, dealing with hunger and emotional eating.
- A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise, and weight loss.
- A plan for continuously assessing progress toward goals and a strategy for adjusting sustained weight loss goals over the next 6 months.
- Fully understand the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and plan to maximize your chances of maintaining weight loss.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.